Friday 25 June 2010

Dana International - Diva! (remixes) 1998 Hi-NRG Eurodisco Gay Disco [eurovision winner]

"Diva" was the winning song of the Eurovision Song Contest 1998 performed in Hebrew by Dana International representing Israel. The song is an ode to the powerful women of history. It brought controversy amongst conservative groups in Israel since Dana is a transgender. Moreover, she is the only transgender singer to have won the Contest so far.
Dana performed "Diva" at the Eurovision Song Contest in Birmingham and took Europe by storm, winning the contest with 174 points. She thus became an international superstar!
=
Dana's own words "the message of reconciliation" were;
"My victory proves God is on my side. I want to send my critics a message of forgiveness and say to them: try to accept me and the kind of life I lead. I am what I am and this does not mean I don't believe in God, and I am part of the Jewish Nation."
Dana released "Diva" as a single in Europe and it became a hit, reaching number 11 in the UK charts and the top ten in Sweden, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, South Africa and the Netherlands, selling more than 500,000+ copies worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoying the files? Please leave some comments :)