Saturday 21 November 2009

Italo Disco Collection - Volume 1 - various 80's classics



Italo Disco is a very broad term, encompassing much of the disco music output in Europe during the 1980s.

It is one of the world's first forms of completely electronic dance music that evolved during the late 1970s / early 1980s in Italy, France, Spain, Sweden, Germany, and other parts of Europe.
Italo Disco music has a distinct, futuristic and spacey sound, which was created using synthesizers, drum machines, and vocoders.
The term, "Italo-disco" was marketed mainly in Europe in the early 1980s by a German record label ZYX Music. In North America, UK, Southern Africa, Australia, Mexico, and Latin America Italo-Disco was mostly an underground phenomenon that could only be heard at night clubs or through homemade DJ mixes.

6 comments:

  1. Have a nice month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there. Paul from the Philippines. I'm looking for an 80's song, a disco song that goes like this "where I am, where I am at this moment, swimming puerto rican seas, where I am, where I am....." hope you can help me with this thanks and more power. peejaychua@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog.
    Please check out mine =>

    Essential Italo Disco

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Italo in the mid 80's there was a song I liked,don't know who sang it or what it was called but I think it was called "Tonight" and the singer was a male.Used to listen to it a lot when it was played at the dance clubs back in the 1980's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
    https://www.glentzes.gr/box-athens-club

    ReplyDelete

Enjoying the files? Please leave some comments :)