Thursday 3 December 2020

Café Society🌈I'm On The Loose (12'' Vocal & 12'' Dub Mix) 1985 Hi-NRG🔺Italo Disco Eurobeat 80s RARE "Hard-To-Find" DJ PROMO ONLY HQ WAV

 

Café Society🌈
"I'm On The Loose" (12'' Vocal & 12'' Dub Mix) 1985
Hi-NRG🔺Italo Disco Eurobeat 80s
RARE "Hard-To-Find"
DJ PROMO ONLY HQ WAV



Café Society, a mostly studio band, were a successful South African dance act of the mid-80s.

The band was the brainwave of multi-instrumentalist/singer and producer Costa Anadiotis, formerly of "Fantasy", the late 70s disco rock band.


The first song to be produced was a cover of Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love" in 1984, using the vocals of Julia Jade Aston.

The song was received well internationally (released worldwide by Passion Records UK) because of its Hi-NRG-driven baseline popular at the time. 


The band and their S.A. record company wanted the next release to be an original composition, "I'm On The Loose".

Passion Records UK wanted another dance hit cover, and went with "Relight My Fire"

("I'm On The Loose" was not released)


The Dan Hartman song "Relight My Fire", which utilized the vocals of Lolly Peterson and Anneline Malebo. 

Released in the UK, Germany, Mexico and S.A. Other than being a dance hit in Mexico, the song received mediocre response, but featured worldwide on many compilation albums,


Then in 1985 when the Video Kids refused to release their song "Woodpeckers From Space" in South Africa due to the political situation in the country at the time,

Costa Anadiotis decided to release his own unique version under the banner of Café Society.

"Woodpeckers from Space" was a Number 1 hit in South Africa in July 1985 and stayed on the Top 20 for 19 weeks, 8 of which were at the Number 1 position.


Café Society released only one album, “Relight My Fire”, in 1985.

The Extended Vocal version of "I'm On The Loose" was included on this album, and features Penny Lane on vocals.

2020 (35 years later...)

So for the first time in 35 Years, here is the ORIGINAL 12'' Vocal and Dub mix parts together for this unreleased electro Hi-nrg Italo disco "Hard-To-Find" gem 💎 

"I'm On The Loose" (presented & pictured in 12'' Disco Single format!)

Café Society ‎– I'm On The Loose (12'' Vocal & 12'' DUB Mixes)

Label: Passion (UN-RELEASED) Current Copyright Unclaimed Unknown

(Principal Records S.A. / or reverted back to producer Costa Anadiotis)
Format: Vinyl, 12", Maxi-Single
Country: South Africa / UK
Date: 1985
Genre: Electronic
Style: Disco, Hi NRG, Italo Disco, Eurobeat


📖 Song Lyrics - Café Society - I'm On The Loose 


Now..That the Week has reached the end
I'm ready for action
Now..That the Weekend is at hand
I need 
satisfaction


I work hard all day
I'm on my way
I'm gonna have some fun (fun fun)


CHORUS

'Cos I'm On The Loose
I'm On The Loose
I'm On The Loose Tonight
Take Me To The Neon Light


Yes, I'm On The Move
I'm On The Loose Tonight
Take Me To The Neon Light


I'll never be the one they call 'Society Lady'
I'm.. not a ashamed to be sometimes
Just kind of crazy


And I know somewhere
You're waiting there
Waiting Just For Me! (me me)


CHORUS x2


(INSTRUMENTAL BREAKDOWN)


I.. wanna dance the night away
My Music's inside me
I'm.. gonna wipe out clouds of grey
With You Beside Me


'Cos I know somewhere
You're waiting there
Waiting Just For Me! (me me)


CHORUS x2


I was standing back to wait
for some reaction
I'm gonna go for it right now
I need satisfaction


I work hard all day
I'm on my way
I'm gonna have some fun (fun fun)


CHORUS x2


Producer – Costa Anadiotis
Written-By – Costa Anadiotis, George Vardas
Publisher: Kings Music
℗ 1985 Principal Records (S.A.)

RETRO DISCO Hi-NRG 🚀

3 comments:

Enjoying the files? Please leave some comments :)